Our senior adults meet for a potluck luncheon on the third Friday of every month at noon. It’s a time to catch up with each other and share a meal. If you are 55 or older come out and join us. Even if your are not 55 but love to fellowship with those that have so much to share with the younger generation you will not be turned away.
The men at Round Hill Baptist Church take service seriously! The Brotherhood really only knows one way to approach a project, and that’s “All Ahead Full!”
The men’s group officially meets on the first Saturday morning of the month at 7 am for a Prayer Breakfast, followed by the woodcutting ministry, where they provide firewood for the heating needs of many folks in the King George area. But it doesn’t stop there. You can find the Brotherhood involved in any number of service projects where there’s a need, the latest involving a remodel at Pastor Ted’s house. In each case, you’ll find the older men teaching skills to the younger folks, but make no mistake. The most important thing being taught here is how to be a man of God. Sounds like a lot of work? Well, it is, but there’s more. The Brotherhood gets involved in several conferences throughout the church year. These are opportunities for men to learn how to be more effective, more spiritual, better communicators, and in general, better men. Top this off with a chance to fellowship, and you have the Brotherhood. What are you doing next Saturday…?
If you’ve been around RHBC for more than 10 minutes or so, you’ve likely noticed a WMU-sponsored event or project in progress. WMU is affiliated with a larger organization that believes that missions is a lifestyle. Their purpose — to challenge Christian believers to understand and be radically involved in the mission of God. And here at Round Hill Baptist, our women’s group has redrawn the lines on where the mission field begins! Need convincing? Just take a look at the kinds of activities in which our WMU group is involved… so far!
- Mission Offering Focus
- Secret Pal
- Care Packages for Military
- Baptist Collegiate Ministry Dinners at Mary Washington University
- Prayer Walks around local schools and neighborhoods
- Back Yard Bible Club w/other churches
- Mother/Daughter Tea Party w/Tea Lady
- Share Saturday
- Mission Focus Dinners – Romania, South Africa, China, Louisiana
- Thanksgiving Baskets
- Angel Tree Christmas gifts through Social Services
- Chonda Pierce at Spotswood
- Mandisa concert at Hylton Chapel
- Collected items for Standing Rock Indian Reservation Ministry
- Collected items for Fluvanna Prison Ministry
- Provided and served lunch for World Changers and Impact Virginia groups
- Lotion and Roses delivered to nursing homes
- Blankets delivered to Children’s Hospital